Tuesday, March 18, 2014

BE THE ADVENTURE.

What does Adventure mean to you?
Adventure is about the gorgeous feeling of teetering into the unknown.  The opportunity of a wide-open road. The limitless feeling of diving head first into a sea of possibilities. Getting lost is essential into better finding yourself.  When put in situations where we cannot plan or control every last detail, we are forced to trust our instincts and learn more about ourselves in the process. Adventure begins when you stop knowing and start feeling. 



I am an adventure enthusiast or addict I should say. I think adventure is the purest form of rebellion. I love the feeling of having a new adventure ahead of me, even if it is a solo adventure. Adventure means stepping out of your comfort zone. It means taking a risk and challenging yourself. When I have new adventure ahead of me it always leaves me with butterflies floating in my stomach whether its for excitement or fear of the unknown. 




Exploration is apart of the adventure.  Thru exploration your mind opens to the world around you and at the same time you are able to learn more about yourself and the person you truly want to be. Be the adventure, be brave, take risks, nothing can substitute experience.



Challenging yourself to try new things is also apart of the adventure. Conquering your fear of heights or hesitation will give you an adrenaline rush like no other. Climbing to the top of a mountain, jumping off of a cliffside into the infinite blue or for the daredevils.. launching yourself out of an airplane will leave you on an adrenaline rush for days. I can detest to this, because I am someone who has a slight fear of heights. Yet, I always push myself to go higher and to leap off the ledge because I know if I don’t do it, I will regret it. 


Stela 9 Shiva Backpack


Travel provides endless opportunities for adventure. You should travel as far as you can and as much as you can! Travel across the ocean or simply across the river, walk in someone else’s shoes, even if it is just for a day. Sleep under unfamiliar stars and take advantage of the opportunity for A D V E N T U R E. 


Stela 9 bags ready for their next adventure!


Don’t sit and wait for adventure to happen...get out there, just go! If an adventure is both terrifying and amazing then you should definitely pursue it. Embrace the uncertainty and spin wildly in your next adventure. You have to leave the city of your comfort and bravely go into the unknown. What you discover will be wonderful, you will discover yourself. 
Having the courage to explore foreign lands, deepen my connection with nature, and pause long enough to take it all in – that is what adventure means to me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment