Tuesday, March 18, 2014

WHO IS SARA?

I’ve blogged several times since I became part of the Stela 9 crew, so I figured it’s probably about time I introduce myself. **drumroll please.** Ok, that’s enough. My name is Sara and here is my [brief and condensed] story. 
I was born and raised in Montreal, have lived in Florida and Seattle, and have spent the better part of my life living in Southern California, where I call home. I speak french fluently but get nervous when put on the spot. I like long walks on the beach and candlelit steak dinners, but that only applies if you’re a funny, good hearted and relatively stable dude in your late 20s to early 30s. Just kidding, you must be ridiculously good looking too, but don’t worry, I have bad taste in men. I’ve got a handful of flaws but I think they can be easily overlooked thanks to my easygoing nature, keen listening skills, quirky sense of humor, and ability to banter with exquisite wit. I don’t know; ask my friends why they stick around. I derive extreme pleasure from traveling, white bed sheets, barre classes, adrenaline filled activities, deep belly laughs, telling stories as dramatically as possible, and wearing a brand new item for the first time. I also have a profound appreciation for well-crafted sarcasm, genuine hearts, anything aesthetically pleasing, people who don’t take themselves too seriously, and those who can admit that I’m super funny. I openly feel sadness in my heart when I see someone eating alone in a restaurant. I know some people claim to "enjoy it" but that doesn't change how I feel about it.
I have my bachelor’s in Business and I was a Media Planner for one of the largest global media agencies when I decided to take the plunge: put in my resignation, move out of my apartment, throw all my belongings into storage, pack up a suitcase of essentials and move to Guatemala to intern for Stela 9. A country which I knew virtually nothing about. I needed adventure, a change, a new perspective… so that’s what I did. This life is short and I’m no Benjamin Button. I’ve been living in Antigua for about 8 weeks now, and although an adjustment in the beginning, I feel very fortunate to be able to live this experience and work for such a great company. I gave myself a 3-month minimum but as that date approaches, it appears I will be extending my stay. After all, I love what I'm doing and I’ve got a bucket list that’s not going to accomplish itself. 
But enough about me, it’s Man Crush Monday and who better to drool over than the one and only Leonardo DiCaprio. He looked like a mega hottie at the Golden Globes last night, per usual. #welldeservedwin #bestactor




No comments:

Post a Comment